Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Message From The Founder

My name is Corey Jack and I recently founded the Youth Literacy Foundation of Acadiana. I have a very strong determination and passion to help the youth, especially in the area of literacy. I believe that every child has the potential to become whatever they aspire to be and to grow into key members of the community. They have natural abilities, gifts, and talents that they are born with, that if sharpened, could lead to fascinating careers and an enhanced quality of life. I am uncomfortable with the idea of some of our young people, especially those growing up in impoverished communities, not reaching their full potential because of a lack of resources and guidance. This led me to creating a foundation to provide funds and resources to communities to reach the youth. Literacy is very important because not only does it contribute to better academic performance, but it also gives children the necessary tools to effectively express themselves. I am very committed to this venture and eager to make a mark on the community and the lives of the youth in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment